looking for interconnect under 200 dollars

looking for interconnect that has a nice soundstage with tight bass and decent midrange for under 200 dollars. Is there one out there or is this just a crazy pipedream.
danovak

Showing 3 responses by mrtennis

such a question will elicit many recommendations.

the answer is to audition as many as you can. if you can't borrow them, buy those which have good resale value, i.e., the relationship between retail price and resale price.

as well-intentioned as the suggestions are, each cable is vouiced differently and some of the suggestions will not be to your liking. you have no idea , before an audition which cable will be the one for you.

thus, if you follow one suggestion you should listen to the others as well, otherwise you are just flipping a coin.
hi john:

you are right. but, what does someone do with all of the opinions/recommendations ? how does one make an intelligent selction from a bunch of opinions ?
is it group think and political correctness to follow advice and well-meaning opinions ?

what are the consequences of not doing one's research and hard work ? there is no substitute for trial and error. no can tell another what he or she will like. even an audio dealer will tell you that.

the idea that following the opinions of others in a hobby as hours may not be rational.

i think random works as well as being given a list of purchase candidates selected by audiophiles. is there any evidence which disproves my hypothesis ?

for every successful example accriung from following advice, there may be a counter example.