Loudspeakers that match well w/Bryston B-60?

I'm looking for a floorstanding loudspeakers that would match up well w/my Bryston B-60r. My listening room has catheral ceilings and I listen at a distance of 10' to mostly jazz/classical/easylistening country/folk/rock. The
midrange is most critical. Budget is under $2500. The Theil
.5/ Snell QB-x25/Pro Ac Studio 125 interests me because of price/size/and availables finishes, but, I'm open-minded to any and all
suggestions. Also, what loudspeaker cable could you recommend that would compliment speaker w/amp? Thanks. Bill
128x128kotta
I've read and have heard that the B-60 mates very well with maggie mmg's all the way up to around the 1.6's. You might want to post this same question over on audioasylum under planar forum or speaker forum and see what they say. Good luck and keep us posted!
Kotta:

With the Bryston B-60 Integrated Amplifier (60 WPC), I think you have the foundation of what could be the ultimate "entry-level" high-end system. But with Brystons tending to be bright sounding amplifiers, I cannot help but think that with your amplifier, and cathedral ceilings, a warm sounding speaker system with a relatively high impedence would be the better solution for you. Particulary for your system, I would suggest something like the Vandersteen 1C and then augment them with a nice sub later on (and for the sake of synergy, I would go with a Vandersteen sub as well). I would suggest the Vandersteen 2Ce as well. But with the additional drivers that the 2Ce have, as well as a trickier impedence, I don't think that they'll mate as well with the B-60. The Vandersteen 2Ce has a nice, warm and inviting sound to them, with an honest sounding midrange, a forgiving top end, and a deep and extended bass response (can stand on its own without any help from a sub........ though, a sub would be nice to use with the 2Ce as well). But to get that kind of sound out of the 2Ce's with your cathedral ceilings taken into consideration as well, the 2Ce's may require a bit more power than the B-60 is able to deliver. To rectify that situation then, what I would do is hold on to your B-60, use it both, as a preamp and a power amp to drive the midrange and top end of the 2Ce's, and later on, when funds are available, go out and mate your B-60 with a 3B SST (with about 150 WPC...... they would give the 2Ce's everything they can handle), and tie them together with cables from Cardas or MIT.

Good Luck and Regards........

--Charles--
I listened to a lot of speakers (B&W, castle, monitor audio, morel usa, paradigm, psb, revel, thiel, totem, triangle, etc.)with my B-60 before settling on the Meadowlark Swift. I did not hear each of these in my room and carried my amp to a number of shops that were kind enough to let me plug-in and listen.

There are lots of good speakers out there right now, but the Swifts were my favorite match with the B-60, even though they were less than half what I was prepared (and expected) to spend. Enjoy the search and let us know what you end up buying.
I used to have a Bryston 2B-LP (the origin of the B-60's amp section) and BR.5 preamp mated to a pair of Meadowlark Kestrels. Musically very nice but not the last word in dynamics. I often like to turn my system up when listening and the Meadowlarks just couldn't go loud with the 2B. Also, Kestrels are time & phase coherent. I noticed a distinct decrease in sound quality when I stood up in my room. I didn't feel the speakers had a small sweet spot but they sound much better when sitting.
The good news is they are unobtrusive and quite nice looking. They do a beautiful job with vocals and image with the best of them. If you aren't looking for loud, I think it Kestrels are a good choice.
I can not sure about the Magnepan MMG's. Don't assume I don't like them (see my audiogon review) but I don't think the B-60 is strong enough to power them. I found them able to clip my Bryston 4B NRB and the Soundstage reviewer noted the same power thirsty traits. That and they are big. I guess you can try them and send them back if you don't like them. I think the 1.6's would be even worse but I can't say with certainty.
The Vandy 2xx's would be worth looking at. The first time I heard a B-60 was with a pair of 2's. It seemed to have sufficient power.
I would definitely check out the PMC line of loudspeakers. These are designed to mate specifically with Bryston electronics.