Low output moving coil cartridge

I have been wanting to try a low output moving coil cartridge so I just made a purchase. I have an Audio Research SP14 pre with a built in phono stage. I am currently using a cartridge with an output of .5mv and the highest volume level I ever needed is around 12;00- 1;00 position. The cartridge I just purchased has an output of .28mv. The current amp I am using is rated at 30 wpc driving my Klipshorns. I also have an Audio Research 60 wpc amp. My question is, do you think I can substitute the extra power from the ARC to make up for the lower cartridge output? By the way, Klipsch states 100 watt RMS on their Khorns.
markpao
Mapman-your cart output may be similar, but another quick search shows the SP-16 with a 55db phono stage gain. i.e., your preamp is different than the OP's, at least in regard to the gain at the phono stage. I have a lot of experience with the D103 variants with many phono stages, and it's true that 55db is marginal-though workable. 66db, however, is fine and jim-dandy, and I'd wager the OP will have no issues.
Johnbrown,

I agree 66db should work pretty well. Thanks for pointing that out!
Depotec-

Let's see, top of the head...

a) AcousTech PH1-P

b) Steelhead Phono Pre

c) EAR 834P

d) Klyne 7Px2

d) the phono pre inboard on my BAT 3xi

All the outboards bested the BAT (as to be expected). I kept the Klyne and the EAR, but if I had to have just one I'd prefer the Klyne-but I've yet to try some good SUTs with the EAR, which is supposed to be a big improvement.

In the Denon 103 world I've got the 103, 103r, 103r w/VdH type 1 rebuild, and a ZU 103r. At some point I'll have SoundSmith rebuild one of them, and I also want to try a 'Uwe' Panzerholz body.
Thanks guy's for the great responses. I keep learning from your valuable information. I am looking forward for the arrival of my new cartridge for some experimentation. I am still a little puzzled as to how a more powerful amp will not help the gain situation. Are you saying that if I have the 30 watt amp hooked up with the .5mv cart and I have a comfort listening level at say 12:00 position on the control, then I switch amps to the 60 watt (with the same .5mv cart), that I will NOT have to turn the volume control down somewhat to achieve the same listening level?