Man between two eras

Bit of a conundrum, Newer technology or vintage? I need something that will last a long while before upgrading. Will be buying used and don’t mind having a vintage amp serviced/cleaned, caps replace and so on. Must have phono as well. Taking this all in to consideration my budget is $500.00 to $900.00. Listing area is a loft (small area but like high volume at times). I would prefer a unit on just the slightly warm side, not to dry or analytical. Driving some refurbished Dynaco a25 speakers may change at a later date. Flexibility is good.

Looking for a receiver or an integrated amp. I am considering the following:

Rega
Musical Fidelity
Bryston
Arcam

Vintage
Yamaha
Pioneer
Marantz
Sansui

Thanks for the input,
Happy Thanksgiving!
musicrover
I don't think you can go wrong with a vintage Luxman. The R-117 reciever is almost legendary. It is definitely on the warm "liquid' side and plays at high volumes with ease (160 wpc with huge dynamic power). It has a CD diect switch and a very good tuner section. You should be able to get one in good condition for less than $500. The R-115 is also very good, just less power.

Steve
Last year I purchased a mint condition Marantx 2270 receiver on eBay. It looks and sounds fantastic. I don't think you can wrong with a 70's Marantz. I also used to own a Harman Kardon HK-730 receiver from that era that sounded great as well. Good luck.
A few years ago there was a guy who refurbished vintage Marantz receivers and sold them on eBay. I think is seller name was SSTK or something like that. I'm pretty sure he offers some sort of warranty. If I'm not mistaking, he had a few of his receivers used as show pieces by Marantz.

His prices were a little higher than others, but not too much. Hopefully you get what you pay for with his work. I haven't bought one from him, but a friend on another forum did and he was very happy with it. He said that people who didn't know about them thought it was a brand new receiver.

I have no connection to the seller. Just throwing an idea out there if you're serious about buying a vintage Marantz.