MC demagnetizer, how many use one, any concerns?

I have just purchased a benz demagnetizer to use with my ruby 2 and wonder if anyone has heard of concerns of negative effects. Are you all happy with its effects? One friend suggested that once you do it you must do it quitefrequently or the sound is worse off. I don't understand why that should be. But look for any theoretical or practical thoughts. Many thanks
gajgmusic
4yanx: thanks for the input. If I can find someone who has a demagnetizer, I might give it a try. Yeah, right now I'm not particularly worried!
Albert, Do you realize that I need to buy one of these things now? I trust you. I'd hate to think that I've been missing a lot through the years. Which one does the job for the least outlay?
Lugnut, you might look for something used. Mine was built by Kisiki and is labeled Audioquest. It is at least 14 years old and still going strong. Another (used) demag would be the Sumiko FluxBuster. I used one long ago and remember being pleased with it as well.

Among new, current production units are: Aesthetix, Audio Physic, Gryphon and Benz. Perhaps Audiogon members can list others I am unaware of.

Demagnetization is not a new idea. Today it is considered important enough to phono performance that it is being employed into the original circuitry of the new Aesthetix and Boulder phono preamps.
I recall the demagnitizers that were popular for cassette tape headds back "in the day", also. I still have one hanging around from the mid-70's, if someone can find use for it.
Lugnut: Benz unit is great and not very expensive. Cpdunn99: I'm a physicist and critical of even my own claims. When I tell someone it's the absolute truth--it pretty much is--but I rarely say this. I can hear a difference. I'm convinced for myself that it does work. However, I have not done a definitive proof that I could publish and give absolute results to others--that's why I said I can't prove my last statement--I can't (or haven't). Like many tweaks or other small changes in this hobby it's getting that last 1% out. In some cases there is a logical physical proof as to why you got another 1% out and in others there really isn't. If you go into the solid state physics of demagnetization there is little or no proof that it should do any good. The amount of charge that can build up on a coil will maximize very quickly and then disappate, so why would a demag process have any effect beyond about 1 second? So far I have yet to find an explaination that is very convincing, but so far my ears have told me it's worth the time and effort (and in my setup it is effort).

Also, in defense of Albert (although he needs none) the time after break in is the optimum performance of a cartridge. After that it is degrading, being able to bring it back to that optimum point--well what better could you ask for. I only wish I could do this for some wine that has passed it's peak.