Mint Tractor

I'm sorry, I apologize, please forgive me for doubting all of you who have told me of the need for the Mint Protractor. I got it today, and just did a quick check to find that the cartridge is indeed off set up with the VPI protractor that comes with the Supercout/10.5i. I read the directions and it is a very tedious, and slow going procedure, so I'll get back in a while and tell you if I hear any differences.
128x128stringreen
I brought another light into the equation this morning and realized that I wasn't as accurate with Step A as I thought... so I started over. Every time I think I had it, I walked away and came back fresh a half hour later. If it looked good I moved on, otherwise adjusted again.

Step B is a pain - I'd adjust alignment to find I screwed up overhang. And step B seems a little more 'subjective' than step A.

Anyhow, was finally satisfied with step B and declared myself finished. :-)
Yes Mad,

But how does it sound now? Is it making you glad you spent all that time trying for pefection? Are ya happy?

Dan
Well, it's hard to say exactly and here's why: I changed cartridges, so it's not like I can truly judge the sound difference to be a result of the tractor setup. Also have to consider that a new cart needs to break in.

Additionally, I ran out of my 'personal time' and am now sort of on 'family time', meaning I can't do any critical listening just yet. But I am playing an LP over and over, running downstairs to re-start it every so often (trying to accelerate break in of the new Dynavector 20XL) and my first impressions are that it sounds *very * good....
I just got my Mint LP Best Tractor today and spent a couple hours checking and re-aligning my cartridge. I found that my cartridge was just short of the arc line. When I was done, I put on the excellent reissue of "Astral Weeks" by Van Morrison. I had listened to it just before making the adjustments. My impressions afterward are very positive. The bass, which I thought was very good but maybe a tad tubby, was now much better. The high-pitched instruments, such as the hi-hat, snare, and vibraphone, which I thought were a little recessed in the mix, came forward into proportion VERY nicely.

I plan to listen to a lot a records this week. Next week, I may try to improve upon the setup. I think I may be able to get it even more accurate.

This is a very good product.

Cheers.
Tfkaudio .. you 'll notice your cartridge 'll need not less than 4/5 hours playing to give you its best sound.
This is due to the new suspension position after have "mintled" the cartridge.