Music I would succumb to under torture

A post on another topic was ...
viridian4,171 posts
I couldn’t listen to Diana Krall, or any of those other jazz lite vocalists that audiophile types listen to, on even the finest hi-fi, YMMV.

I would be useless in a war if captured.
If they played me Diana Krall, Sade or Frank Sinatra I would surrender and give them all the information they wanted! Just if they stopped playing that music and torturing me! I am having screaming habdabs just thinking about it ...
tatyana69
Look up a singer by the name of Teresa Teng. Hailed in Asia as the all-time queen of "contemporary" vocals. High-end audio snobs would spend big dollars on vintage Western Electric, Tannoy, and JBL gear to play her poorly recorded cacaphony. Cheap South Asia cabaret music that makes me reach for ear plugs.  Fans enjoy her material reminiscing the days of going to tacky night clubs with PA boosted with echo and reverb to the max, and these poor sounding masters happen to mate well with electronics producing unusual amounts of 2nd harmonics.

Great thread subject!

In addition to Diana Krall,(I LOVED her in the 90's) and  most "smooth jazz,"
ANY "audiophile" recording and R&R  released around 1980'(my likes are particular from there)

If Hotel California were played, I'm afraid I would be charged with treason.

shtinkydog said:
I wanna play, I wanna play!!! I do get this thread. Every single day as i shower before I leave for work, I turned on the radio for "background music", to K-earth 101, for those who are in L.A. or otherwise familiar with the station. I’m in the shower from about 515 or so to about 530ish. I am GUARANTEED a dose of Queen or Elton John, or both during that time. It hasn’t failed in at least 8 years. If you don’t believe me, try it. It WILL happen. It is for that reason only that I cant stand either. Why they can’t flip the switch and play "Radio Gaga" or "That’s why they call it the blues" is beyond my comprehension, both being excellent songs. I’m not saying those artists aren’t any good. But try having anything shoved down your throat for that long and you’ll understand. So, there." 

.......which is exactly why I can not stomach Boston. What was once good is now intolerable.