My DVDA player has -120db to 0db Do I still need a pre-amp?

Hi
I have a technics dvd a 10 dvdaudio player which has a digital level control that can directly control the volume of my power amplifiers....It has an ECELLENT dac compared 1 on 1 with many processors in the market...i use it's direct 6-channel out...I wanted to know if there was anything wrong in using this feature as a pre/pro?
subdoofus
I have the Technics DVD-A10 also. I believe the direct connect would be acceptable. The only reason it may not is if the surround balances are not able to be set. (I do NOT use it with surround, just two channel) As far as connection impedence, should be ok if connectors are not over 12 feet. The real problem may be if the "power" of the sound fails to come through... then it's because your DVD-A10 is not pushing enough 'current' to the amps. If it sounds ok to YOU, is would be fine.
ok everybody seems to want to dump preamps. why. how about driving your car without a transmisson. a good preamp can make a huge difference in an audio or video system.
hey
it sounds great....
here's my setup
Technics DVD-audio 1-10 DIRECT connect via Outlaw ICBM to
Electrocompaniet AW-100, Marantz SM-17SA, Parasound 1201 through Monster Z reference wires
Monster Z2 speakerwires from amps to KEF Reference Center, JM Labs Mezzo Utopia, ML Bi-poles
I see no reason for a proc....IT HONESTLY SOUNDS great
subdoofus your speakers are awsome i have the utopias. i agree with no proceser but if you had a good tube preamp it would even be better.