Need basic iPod help...

I am looking for advice (or a good link) on how to get the best performance from my iPod (both iTunes downloads and my own burned CD's) when connected to my AV receiver. I'm assuming this gets discussed to-death, but I have not found the good info I am looking for.

Thank in advance!
Ag insider logo xs@2xheadshrinker2
no offense - thnx - I went through my ultimate iPod phase awhile ago with Vinnie...
Thanks for the replies. What about downloading from iTunes? Is this basically a bad idea (i.e. vs ripping from a CD in a lossless format)?
Headshrinker2, I'm on my second iPod and have never used iTunes store.

Ckorody, do you have one of Vinnies iMods?

Regards,
To your question about downloading from iTunes, if your interest is in getting the best possible sound quality and you have the option of ripping the same music from a CD, yes, it's a bad idea to download from iTunes. All iTunes music is in lossy, compressed format and won't sound as good in a high-resolution system.

On the other hand, the selection in iTunes is huge and for lots of uses the quality is just fine.
Sfar,
That's what I thought. Maybe I will use iTunes for the kid's music and only rip CD's for the stuff I really care about.