Need some feedback on the REL 212SE Subwoofer

Dealer just contacted me with an amazing price on a REL 212SE sub. I have never owned a REL sub but they seem to be highly touted. I currently have two subs in my room. One is a Martin Logan Balance force 212, and a Power sound Audio 1500V (15 inch active driver) in the rear of the room. I am considering replacing the Power Sound Audio sub mainly because its a ported design and with it being so close to the listening position the port noise can be distinct. My main room has a hybrid system that I use for both music and an occasional movie and my goal is to get a more musical sub to compliment the balance force 212. Im not actually shopping for a new sub at the moment per se but the price I can get the REL for is almost irresistible. So I would like to hear form anyone who owns this particular sub and share your experience your having with it. Im going to audition the sub this weekend but it would still be nice to see what others think about it. 

Thanks in advance 

-Keith
barnettk

Showing 1 response by lwin

REL makes great subs and I have owned a couple in the past. Before my first REL I could never find a sub that I liked. Most were ok with movies but lousy with music. The neutrink connection that REL uses mates it perfectly with your amp and speakers. 
Having said all that ,you would be better off with two of the same subs. If you like the REL sell the Martin Logan or buy another Logan and get the perfect base kit if you don’t have it already. Currently, I have 2 ML Balanced Force 212’s and they are providing the best bass I have ever had for music as well as movies.