Neutral electronics are a farce...

Unless you're a rich recording engineer who record and listen to your own stuff on high end equipment, I doubt anyone can claim their stuff is neutral.  I get the feeling, if I were this guy, I'd be disappointed in the result. May be I'm wrong.
dracule1
Nice rhetoric!

Rhetoric:

language designed to have a persuasive or impressive effect on its audience, but often regarded as lacking in sincerity or meaningful content.
I just knew Mopman would ignore that post. Mopman is mopping the floor with me again. He’s fast on the trigger and the mop. Mopman is the Catcher in the Rye for young naive gullible folks just starting out.

Lacking in sincerity?  I'm as serious as a colonoscopy without anesthesia.

You can’t persuade someone who’s made up his mind a long time ago. ~ Old audiophile axiom
Geoff how about worrying about everything you have no control over. Like the Sun for example. It keeps us warm but is going to explode and kill us all some day.

Or maybe apply your genius and offer up some solutions to the problem. That should be really entertaining!

Are you trying to make us all neurotic?   It may be working.  I already have to resist the urge to buy useless crap from time to time.   If I get the urge to buy  Machina Dynamica, well then good job, mission accomplished!

Mopman out.
You might have no control over the issues I brought up but I do, Mopman.  Why on Earth would I bring up issues I have no control over?  I wouldn't.  Probably just wishful thinking on your part.
Most cables are designed to resist interference by being spiraled (many speaker cables, including the ones I use) or shielded…careful grounding, good wall plugs, transformer hum busting and better power supplies instead of wall warts, an effective power conditioner, and my own nuclear power plant I got from a scuttled sub…great conversation piece by the way.