New 2018 KEF R series...?

Just saw the what-hifi review of the R3 which seems to be replacing the R300 (Not to be confused with the Ref 3) 

bit confusing name scheme. I suspect a lot of people are going to be confused in the near future.

anyway, what do you guys think? I figure they need a lot of space, I was interested in a Ref 3 for a time (NOT the R3) but I came to the realization I really needed about double the space I currently have. 

alas we are all the victim of our listening areas.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xd2girls
@b_limo Can you tell us what room treatments you are using and what your objectives are?
I’m using 6 Gik 244 panels and then I have 10 other panels, 2’x4’ that Im not sure of the brand.  I also removed 2 lights and 2 glass tables.  You could actually make the lights ring just by clapping your hands.  I also put up a bunch of curtains in order to cover a window and a big portion of the wall.  I’ve got every wall treated now except for the ceiling.  I’ve always had 4 gik 244 panels but that wasn’t nearly enough.

The imaging and bass response just goes through the roof when you get your room dialed!
My room is 15' by 15', 9' ceiling.  I just bought the Kef R-500s after also listening to
Paradigm Prestige 75F
DynAudio Excite X-34
Monitor Audio Silver 10
Very close, 75Fs were a bit bright, X-34s were a bit lively, the Silver 10s were a bit forward.  Am in heaven with the Kef R-500s.
I had the Paradigm Prestige 75Fs for a few days and you’re right. They are very bright!!! Bottom end was boomy. 

Congrats on on your new Kefs!