New $24,000 inter-connect

I just saw a new Audiogon listing for a $24,000 inter-connect by Matthew Bond (Tara Labs). How many ya gonna order?
128x128bdp24

Showing 5 responses by mitch2

$24,000 for an interconnect is just nuts....gonna wait until they start hitting the used market and not pay one penny over $12K! 
Peter, the "Germans bombed Pearl Harbor" thing taras22 posted was a quote by John Belushi's character Bluto from the movie Animal House.  Dumb late 1970's humor from  National Lampoon.  I strongly suspect no disrespect was intended.
@rja +1
I would add, for those buying $24K interconnects, at least know how to evaluate them. I wouldn’t buy a $24K car without test driving it so at least hear the interconnects in your own system and decide whether the sound is worth $24K to you before you commit to purchasing them.....then it won’t matter what the reviewers say, how many on A’gon like them, where they are designed, sourced, or assembled, or the consensus of this thread.
Here we are in 2019 and I remain amused at the justice warriors throwing out rulings such as;
"a farce, marketing hype, non-essential indulgence, gullible, bogus claims, insult (to working people), insult (to "legitimate" manufacturers), defies common sense, a lie and a sham....etc., etc...."
In the absence of fraud or some other illegality, whether people buy these high-priced cables (or fuses, or cars, or clothes, or art, or wine, etc.) becomes simply a value proposition. Some (maybe most here) would argue when you purchase cables you are paying for a sonic outcome....i.e., how do the cables affect the "sound" of your system? Others seem to believe the price of something must bear a relationship to the cost of the parts and materials, or must meet some standard of affordability to the masses. However, value is subjective and in the case of high-priced cables the evaluation of a purchase could include appearance, status, or other reasons in addition to the sonic effect. How can anyone judge the value an item holds for another individual, when value is both personal and subjective. There are people who might pay $50K for a work of art that I wouldn’t trade a cup of coffee for. OTOH, if I pay $10K for a bicycle, I am sure there are many that cannot envision the value of that.....don’t they all have two wheels, two pedals, and roll down the road? We all vote with our wallets and (in the absence of fraud or some other illegality) that is how our system of free enterprise works. In the wise words of @jsautter ;
"To ascribe a limit to what a component should cost is truly a fool’s errand and I cant possibly guess what would be the motivation to make such a judgement."
Or, in the words of @rja ;
"Why don’t you guys turn your attention to something worth discussing?"