New system!

After 15 years of Bose acoustimass and Yamaha integrated amp, pulled the trigger on a pair of Wilson Sabrinas with Parasound Halo P5 and Parasound Halo A51 with B & W HTM61 S2 center and two JL Audio D110's. Using the same Bose 101's for rear speakers. Music being more important to me then theatre, I really had to cut costs somewhere. I cannot be more pleased with this setup. I have spent 6 months listening to various high end speakers, amps and preamps and was amazed at at how much one can spend if one has the inclination.   I am a new audiophile. My wife has a worried look on her face!!

It has left a deep hole in my pocket and I am trying to feel buyers remorse but it eludes me!
hawk123

Showing 3 responses by hawk123

I had started at the low end and after friends recommended Emotiva products, and being cost conscious I started with the Emotiva ERC-3 balanced Reference CD Player And Transport. It weighs a ton ( including the remote is like a brick), but it is a great player. I also have a Synology D218 and a Auralic Mini which does a decent job as a server. Also included in this is a Denon DP-500M. 

Thanks for the insight. It is reading forums like this one that I have learnt a lot, so you advice is appreciated. Like I said, I am more of a music buff and not so keen on theater, but eventually will swap out things to eplace as the burn in my pocket starts to cool down. Lol
Thanks @ energyaudio. I am. Every CD I have now seems like a whole new experience. I am going through every one of my collection, even the ones I condemned to “no more listening “ category. 
Added a Denon turntable DP -500M with Denon 103-R cartridge. My Denon turntable is playing Melody Gardot, Jane Monheit and Swan Lake -Boston Symphony Orchestra ;conductor Seiji Ozawa tonight and it sounds absolutely wonderful.