New Technics SL 1200 GAE

Anyone acquired a new Technics DD 1200 GAE? Has anyone not been happy with the stock arm and changed it?
nkonor
I think I am going to pull the trigger on one this week and get a Lyra Delos, Sumiko headshell, and boston acoustics mat.  maybe a stillpoints lp1 as well.  I listened to the GR version today and was pretty floored by it.  The only thing I noticed was the GR was somewhat forward sounding and heavy on the bass but that could have been the sub and the Ortofon Quintet cartridge that was on it at the time.  But the little things that table did was pretty amazing for 1695.00
Hi everyone,
I have listened the 1200gae some months ago, at Germany. I feel that its a good table, without doubts, and better than a classic 1200mk2. Anyway, I also think that these "better gap" does not justify the price absolutely. Seems to be a simple commercial trick for to raise up the 1200s prices to an "nowadays" price.
This, because all these "technical advancemets" in the 1200GAE are the minimum that must be offered by a giant company like that. Even, for those that have a minimum knowledge into industrial series production, will understand that it COULD BE more expensive to remake an original 1200 that to remake all from scratch, and to maintaint only the cheap parts , for to make “scale economy”.
I use many tables at my home, that I change from time on time, for space problems.  I can't have all of them installed at the same time, and running. There are about 12 to 15 in my cellar, usually.
At this time, I have installed a Technics SP10mk2 and a Victor QL-A95. (The SP-10mk2 is powered with a super-power-supply, deigned specifically for it). I prefer them than a 1200GAE.
The SP10mk2 is running with a Dynavector DV 505 tonearm and the QL-A95, with its own one.
Turning again on the new Technics, personally, I would prefer to get a SP10R ALONE (instead a 1200GAE), without tonearm nor plinth, and to make a serious unit with a good plinth and a good tonearm. Just for to add to my small collection. Or better yet; an Exclusive P3a. This is that I feel, my opinion. Only that; an opinion.
I also think that these "better gap" does not justify the price absolutely. Seems to be a simple commercial trick for to raise up the 1200s prices to an "nowadays" price.

I am not sure about that.  I lot of engineering went into this table in particular.  Much more than the new SP 10 variants.  The 1200G Gae is the table 90% the engineering went into according to Technics, especially the new motor design.  I think for a smaller "VPI" type shop to make that turntable would have cost much more.