Nuforce STA200

I am curious about the Nuforce STA200 amplifier  If anyone has experience with the amp it would be appreciated if you would share your listening impressions, both good and bad.  Some of the descriptions I have read classify it as a class AB amp and others a class D amp.  I am not technical savvy about these things, can a single amplifier be both? 
Thanks
George
jetter
smallish room, about 12x14...I think the amp is fine into 4 or 8 ohms, as long as it is looked at as a fairly low power amp, which is what it was designed as...many amps put out same or similar power into 4 or 8 ohms, such as McIntosh...
Luminous Audio Axiom ii passive preamp works great with this amp.  I use one, and I think another poster here does as well.  Dead quiet even with the STA-200’s high gain.
I did not have the too high a gain preamp/amp mismatch with my tube preamp.  While we have certainly discussed this problem here and read about it, I am curious if anyone has actually experienced the gain issue and if so:

1. Did the problem create an auditory hiss? or if no hiss,
2.  Was the problem not being able to turn the volume control up high enough to adequately use the preamp's sweet spot?

Thanks in advance
Jl35, yes I agree with both your points, re power output and preamp use. My thing is that I buy an amp for the long haul, and using one in a way that it is not designed for (underpowered for the load presented) is not conducive toward that end.

Jetter, I have not yet used the STA200 with my all tube Jolida preamp, as that was not the intent when I bought it. The Jolida has a gain of 20dB. I expect that I would find that I am using it's volume control at very low settings with this amp. Not sure about the hiss issue. I will give this a try and get back on that.