Obscure brands worth considering

American and not. There is a lot of equipment not visible or even not represented in the US at all.
What about speakers?
inna
I bought Innersound electrostatic speakers about 20 years ago. At the time they were reviewed in Stereophile and given a class A rating. They are still in my system. I replaced one of the woofers about 12 years ago. Three years ago I replaced a transformer in one of the speakers. Roger Sanders guided me through both repairs and I didn't have to ship either speaker back to Boulder, CO. He still sells the speakers online. I can't recommend them highly enough. My power amp runs them just fine - VTL 185 monoblocks, best in my opinion in triode mode. My preamp is also outstanding - Presence Audio by First Sound. Emanuel Go still builds them out of his shop in Renton, WA and they can be purchased online. I've had a couple upgrades to the preamp over the years. They are not cheap but occasionally one can find a used one available on Audiogon.

Best luck in your search. If you like classical music electrostatic speakers are a great choice, wonderful transparency and dynamics with the right amplification.
+1 on Cantons, especially its reference line.  Somewhat obscure, unloved, and arguably overpriced in the US, but fantastic.

For budget, I'll throw in Dennis Had's Inspires.  Judging solely on the m50 PSETs, Wall Audio.  Just lovely.
This is good that Redgum now has a distributor and two dealers.
I have their original 16 years old RGi120 integrated. Excellent sound. No, not tube sound, and it is not supposed to be, good solid state sound, on the warmer side with impressive dynamics.
I am going to send my Redgum to Australia to replace input selection switch the previous owner played too much with and service, and it should last without any problem for another ten years. If I wanted to upgrade it I would go straight to Gryphon Diablo. Until that time - Redgum. Well, maybe Pass class A INT too, don't know. It doesn't have a phono stage though. No worries, I use Acoustech PH-1 phono. Responds well to interconnects and power cords changes, I currently use higher level Purist Audio.