Obscure brands worth considering

American and not. There is a lot of equipment not visible or even not represented in the US at all.
What about speakers?
inna
+1 on Cantons, especially its reference line.  Somewhat obscure, unloved, and arguably overpriced in the US, but fantastic.

For budget, I'll throw in Dennis Had's Inspires.  Judging solely on the m50 PSETs, Wall Audio.  Just lovely.
This is good that Redgum now has a distributor and two dealers.
I have their original 16 years old RGi120 integrated. Excellent sound. No, not tube sound, and it is not supposed to be, good solid state sound, on the warmer side with impressive dynamics.
I am going to send my Redgum to Australia to replace input selection switch the previous owner played too much with and service, and it should last without any problem for another ten years. If I wanted to upgrade it I would go straight to Gryphon Diablo. Until that time - Redgum. Well, maybe Pass class A INT too, don't know. It doesn't have a phono stage though. No worries, I use Acoustech PH-1 phono. Responds well to interconnects and power cords changes, I currently use higher level Purist Audio.
XTZ is represented in the US, but never heard from anyone else using them on Audiogon. Their build quality far surpasses the Tekton. They are very reasonably priced, have the highest sound quality per pound i know of!!