Old B&O vs. new Rega P1

I have an old B&O RX turntable with the MMC3 cartridge. I'm thinking of upgrading. Would the new Rega P1 be much of an upgrade?
jimmymac
I believe so. With the B&O, you're limited to cartridge selection. The tonearm looks flimsy and the platter is very light suspeded on springs. The Rega is a more sturdy turntable with a much better arm. You can play around with different cartridges.

Please listen to them if you have a chance and compare them.
nope...keep the b&o.....down the road take a leap,but your not missing anything compared to the 2k and under contendors
It's been a long time, but I worked at a store that carried B&O, and I remember their 'tables as being pretty clean-sounding but a bit on the light side where slam and bass weight were concerned.

I certainly feel that I get a lot more performance out of my SL1210, particularly where weight and slam are concerned, as well as a rightness to the midrange and a great sense of immediacy. I think you'd also get a noticeable improvement with a Goldring GR1.2.

08-16-07: Jaybo
nope...keep the b&o.....down the road take a leap,but your not missing anything compared to the 2k and under contendors
I find it hard to believe that a sub $2K Funk Firm, Rega P5, or VPI Scout wouldn't leave a B&O RX totally in the dust in every conceivable parameter.