One Amp To ‘Rule’ Them All....

Is there one amplifier that everyone can agree on as a contemporary standard? An amplifier that can be considered a standard in both the studio and in a home stereo setup?

What one amplifier does everything very well and can be found in homes and in professional audio engineering environments?

What amp covers all the bases and gives you a glimpse into all qualities of fine musical reproduction?

...something Yamaha? ...something McIntosh?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xbrettmcee

Showing 3 responses by colin44ct357

brettmc...do yourself a favor and find an old nad 3020 as a reference amp for your ears. wont cost you much...love them..the musical tone is awesome.
Once you have had a good listen to that please tell me your thoughts.If happy buy a power amp and have fun.its all in the preamp!  remove the links and hook up some power!
no matter what amp you have the speakers are the answer.took me a few years until i found the solution.i run 3 pairs of stereo speakers, all different makes and all different size drivers on my main amp. AR..SONY..MISSION.
the more the better...dont leave any gaps in the spectrum!hooked up another amp and speakers on the variable line out from the main amp, when i power the 2nd amp up it blows the mind...4 pairs of speakers all in stereo pointing at me..JBL control 1's running max 50wrms x 2.