Oppo Ceasing production

Just visited Oppo's web site.  They are ceasing production of all their products and will only do warranty work and firmware support for their products.  They no longer have the resources to manufacture new products.  Didn't see this one coming.
128x128stereo5

Showing 4 responses by astewart8944

Clearly seem to be doing other things though...
"Chinese smartphone maker Oppo has been given green clearance to set up a mobile manufacturing unit in Greater Noida at a cost of Rs 2,200 crore, a senior government official said.

The Union Environment Ministry has granted the environment clearance to its Indian subsidiary Oppo Mobiles India Pvt Ltd for the proposed project." 

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/62006240.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
By far the best BD player I've owned. For a BD player, the 205 is  expensive but worth it. For a CD/SACD player it is relatively inexpensive and very good value. Put them both together and you have a product that anyone should appreciate. BTW last might I A/B'd a 4K movie downloaded via Amazon Prime/Roku and compared it to a 4K Blue Ray disc played on my Oppo 205 using the same Anthem AVM-60 pre/pro. Same HDMI cable brand and model passing from the Roku and Oppo to the AVM-60. Video quality is similar. But the Oppo 205 player audio quality kills the Roku download audio quality.
I agree with falconquest that physical media will survive, but it will become a thin market for new releases. As we all know there is a time period where no LPs were manufactured for most artists because the market was insufficient to support recording companies pressing vinyl and CD. The same will happen to Redbook; eventually we will have to download newly released music. My 17 year olds collect vinyl; they have one of my previous systems in their room. Their friends come over to our house sometimes to listen to music. They think it's cool that music is always playing at our house and that it sounds great...but, they also have never seen it happen anywhere else. FWIW these kids are buying video game soundtracks on vinyl and that might be where their generation decides to invest its audio dollars--they believe in headphones!