Pass Labs Aleph 3: The best sounding amp ever

Category: Amplifiers

Many may not agree with me which is totally understandable. During the years, I have heard/owned many amps. To my ears, Aleph 3 was the best sounding amp ever. I have been away from the hobby for many valid reasons but now I am getting back in the game slowly. However, things are changing. Now, there is the Class D (Tripath, IcePower, Hypex, etc.) amps which run cool, are small and easy on the electric bill. I am very interested but do not know which model/chip would give me at least little bit of that Aleph 3 taste. I wonder if anybody owned the Aleph 3 and replaced it with a Digital amp or any other Class amp that is smaller,runs cooler and uses less electric. Are you happy with your new amp after the Aleph 3?

A good 30wpc amp is good enough for me. Maybe even 20wpc but not lower than that. I have the ProAc Studio 125s. 87db - 8 ohms

P.S. I will probably get the Aleph 3 one day again but not at this time.
celo

Showing 1 response by danielk141

Celo,

I've owned the Aleph 3. It took about 60 seconds in my system, for me to commit to buying that amp.
I also owned (2) Aleph 30s, a pair of Aleph 60s, and a pair of Aleph 2s.
I now own a Pass XA30.5, Rowland Model 2, Rowland 625, and Murano P1000 monoblocs (ICE module based).
If I were you, I'd try a Rowland Model 2, or a Pass XA30.5,
if you don't mind Class A heat.