Pass Labs AMP’s- What is the best Pass Amp Sound for You from past 10 years

So I have an XA-25 and its outstanding. I’ve tested the XA60.8 mono’s and there was not enough difference to move to them; no jaw dropping moments. Don’t get me wrong they were fantastic, but so is the XA25. Looking at the 350.8 or 250.8, etc.... even in comparison the Integrated INT-250... If you love it; want to explain what you like and why? I’m wondering what others are thinking... 
My set up: Wilson Sophia II’s, XA-25, Pass Labs XP-22 pre, Merging+NADAC. 
jahatl513

Showing 5 responses by jahatl513

jtucker - Can you comment on the INT 150 sound? 
douglas_schroeder  - I spoke with Nelson Pass when I wanted a First Watt for the Wilson Sophia's and he directed me to the Pass XA-25. Said that it was a mix of First Watt and Pass; something that First Watt just could not execute like Pass can so it became Pass XA-25 and recommended I try it first. 

Douglas_schroeder - your use of one amp..... sounds interesting and I’d like to understand it exactly.  Can you elaborate the details or is there a place to read up??  
Coming from the Conrad Johnson world. Everything is single ended so initially my pre was an excellent match for the XA25. Also the little amp is built to punch with authority way above its weight and an unusual onfiguration or deviation from the rest of the heard.  I’ve since updated to Pass XP-22 and all important inputs are on XLR into it and a significant upgrade.  
Lesonaussie2- Then I have a question. Of the big Pass amps, is there one that shares those characteristics of the XA25? 

douglas_schroeder - 
My Sophia II's are single wired, and per your article and in general - 
     [the speaker is single wired, not bi-wireable. So, simply use one channel of each amp for each speaker.Take the single interconnect Left or Right out from the preamp and direct it to only one input of the amp. One channel goes unused. The output from the single channel is sent by the one speaker cable to the single pair of binding posts of the respective speaker, and only one channel per speaker, providing better performance than one stereo amp]
Did Nelson ever comment on this? Do you get the full power to the one channel being used? Does this change anything with respect to Ohlm's and speaker? I am curious and have wondered about this. Is there a better way?