Pass labs x250 vs Classe CA301

I am wanting to upgrade my Classe CA200 power amp to either a Pass Labs X250, or a Classe CA301. Has anyone had an opportunity to audition these 2 amps , and how do they compare? Is there a clear winner between the two?
rer

Showing 1 response by mijknarf

I can't comment about Classe, but I just upgraded from a Krell amp to Pass x-250 after much research and couldn't be happier. During my search, I called Pass a couple of times to ask questions and it was like I was talking to a neighbor! One of the questions I asked, Peter Perkins couldn't answer, he turned around and asked a technician walking by and I overheard a two minute conversation regarding the answer to my question, Peter then came on the phone and asked "did you hear what the technician said?" and proceeded to explain further. My point is this... no, I don't buy my audio equipment based on the friendliness of the customer service, but it sure goes a long way in my comfort level when I'm spending as much money for an amp as I would be for a minor kitchen remodel. Speaking solely for my opinion of the customer support, build quality, packaging, vendor reputation, the sound, the x-250 is sweet, go audition one, you'll love it, Hope this helps, let us know what you decide.