Peachtree BT1 vs Wadia 170i...

I am currently using a Wadia 170i as my main source (and have been for awhile now) but I hate that I have to select music on my iphone at the dock and would much rather be able to stay in my listening seat while selecting music.  With that in mind, I would like to try the Peachtree BT1 and bluetooth my iphone to the device but I am wondering if there will be sound degradation compared to the Wadia 170i ipod dock (with welbourne labs power supply).

Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
128x128b_limo

Showing 1 response by prpixel

Have you considered going with a WiFi device like a Sonos Play5, Def Tech W9, Paradigm PW800, etc.  Or, you could get a Sonos:Connect or Def Tech W-Adapt and connect it to your existing stereo system.  This would allow you to play the music on your iPhone while you move about the house/apartment and not have to worry about Blu-tooths limited range.  The Sonos App is the easiest to use.  If you want to do something on the cheap, you can pick up a Google Chromecast Audio for $35.00.  It has both digital and analog output.  It would allow you to get your feet wet for a small amount of money.  However, it is the "hardest" to use out of the streaming devices.