PEER-LESS OUTPUT TRANSFORMER replacement (16492)

I need a pair of very large output transformers for a 165 watt push-pull tube amplifiers......These transformers need to have insulation for 1000 volts, Primary of 6.5 K, A special output winding at 4 ohms for feed-back......And be of at least peer-less quality........Probably around 15 pounds...........Anybody know anybody that has that or can build it ???    THANKS 
autospec

Showing 3 responses by autospec

Trelja:  I have been working on this for quite some time...I'm a little surprised at how difficult this really is.....First let me say , no ultra-linear taps.....Here are the main problems I'm running into on this, First having insulation over 1000 volts....., second being able to work at 150 watts....and have reasonable frequency response 30hz-20k......and have a separate winding for feed-back.....So transformer people can do one or the other but don't seem to be able to do it all..........Hammond cannot make it, Heyboer can make it if they have a old one to reverse engineer....I've not had good experience with Mercury Magnetics.....I can't get a hold of anyone at Magnequest or Electro-Print, which is probably good because of price........I will be calling Edcor in the morning and talking to them.....Any other input you can make will be welcome.....Will   
Trelja:    I ordered and received (4) of these out-put transformer from Edcor.....They look to be rather quality built........I have installed one in a 165 watt Altec Lansing 1570 power amplifier without issues.....I will be running some "square wave tests"  and at this point very happy with these transformers.............I had used them before , I thought maybe this might be to difficult for them, but after you mentioned them I figured to give them a try.............Will
Sir:    I have had good results ,but I haven't done a square wave test yet.....I plan on doing that ...  I now have a spare Altec transformer that I may be willing to sell you also.....If you would look at some of my listing on Audiogon, you will see my phone number....Please feel free to call me........Thanks Will