Please Read and express your feelings and opinions....

I noticed  that lately or maybe for the last five yrs, there is so much arguments,name calling, attacking cables , speakers , components makers and more, more of disagreement with members, even Audio dealers are being attack here...Very few know how to apologize when they are wrong.What can we do as Audiogon members to improve our communication to each other? How to give the informations, recommendation to members who need it? This is without involving Audiogon, any opinion or ideas ,  For me this is fun and place to learn in audio...thank you all
128x128jayctoy

Well I'm going to bow out on this one, but I do want to say in closing (for me). Jon, yes my clients do listen for all of that and more. In fact that's what they expect me to deliver.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I think your robbing the hobby a little short of it's potential by suggesting that the listeners aren't interested in the whole recording. I would say a great deal of hobbyist are thrilled when they hear accurate heights.

But maybe that's me being too picky.

Michael Green

www.michaelgreenaudio.net

I personally like if not Luv hearing all the “Acoustic Space” that a recording can give me.
Makes the connection to the music that much closer and more enjoyable.

Kenny.
I agree with Geoff and Michael Green.  I have appraised 17 recording studios, have performed and recorded on many Los Angeles main stages as an amateur (from UCLA Royce Hall. Ford Ampitheater to Disney Hall) (as opposed to my friends like Kevin Grey who is a true professional)  and have a large recorded music collection from ancient (1898 to the present) recordings.  Soundstaging is an essential element of recording.  It is known by the engineers by the venue if a good recording is to be extracted/recorded.   

I've gone so far as incorporate the SR Atmosphere XL4 to alter soundstaging to my liking post-recording and attempting to replicate the soundstage on which the recordings was created (or just sounds best to me).  I do not know exactly how SR achieves it's results but the tool(s) SR provides are very welcome.