Powering Infinity Prelude MTS

Wanted some input on how you's with the MTS are powering them and which way you prefer.

Do you power them with just speaker outputs from your amp?
Do you power them with the output from your preamp and then your amp?
There may be some with other type systems... chime in.
Which do you prefer? Why?

Have been trying both ways and can't really tell much of a difference except for the bass.

Seems like I get a little more bottom end with direct from my amp.

Short info on my 2-channel system...

Speakers: Infinity Prelude MTS
Preamp: Krell Audio Video Standard
Amp: Krell KSA-250
Cables: Monster Sigma
128x128joysjane
I own Tannoy 215 DMT II speakers rated sensitivity 101dB. Dual concentric 15" drivers with compression horn tweeters, i.e., one of the greatest speaker designs ever made. I love both the Tannoy and the Prelude MTS, but they sound totally different.
Those Tannoys are studio monitors, correct? They look huge. I also own a pair of studio monitors, the PMC MB2s, and no home speaker I've owned matches their lack of compression and clarity. Unfortunately they require a good few hundred watts of clean power and a medium sized room to come alive, hence my foray into efficient speakers for a tube based second system.
Yes, the 215 DMT II is a huge professional studio monitor, a.k.a. the poor man's Westminster. They look ugly unless soffet-mounted, but sound wonderful. and express every nuance even at very low volume. The Art Audio Jota HC amps with 300BXLS tube drives them nicely.
Hey again Viajero5000,

I did a little experimenting with hooking up the Preludes via the separate component guide in the owner's manual. The bass modules driven with the preamp using the internal 850w internal amplifier.

I found that the bass amp in the Infinity's didn't have the control over the woofers as well as the Krell amp does.
Was listening to an SACD of Boston and had the woofers reaching their limits and started to distort. Granted that's at quite loud listening levels. At that same level I had no such issues with the KSA-250.

You would think the 850w BASH Amp inside those subs would outperform the 250w of Krell amplification. Not so!

Will be going back to hooking up the Infinity's directly from the amp.
One hook-up sends line-level signal to the BASH. Second hook-up sends speaker-level signal to the BASH. Either way, BASH powers the MTS sub. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure.