Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Joe,
I have the Cortese and my phono stage arrived with two 6C45N-E ( Russian - Electroharmonix) & two 6922 (JAN Sylvania's made in USA). Keep in mind that I bought my unit used from a first owner and I am not sure if these are the tubes that Mick originally included with the Unit.
I am still waiting for my TT so I have no clue how these current tubes will sound.
I would love to hear ideas with anyone's latest and best suggestions for the 4 tubes on the phono side.
Thanks - Larry
Larry,

Oops, I forgot, TT on the way, Supratek in hand. I know there are a ton of choices for the 6922, but that Russian stuff is hard to figure. Not being a tube expert, I think that the 6c45n-e is a hi mu triode like the pi-e in mine. I actually think it is the same tube, because the n actually represents pi, in cyrillic. Look here:

TDSL Cyrillic characters

That is my favorite tube data site. It will let you know what is an exact match and what is close, and a ton of other data.

I know that I use Amperex Bugle Boy 6dj8's for 6922 in the AN and in my CD player. I seems to work well for me. But you have a lot of choices, and a lot of them are not too ridiculously priced. Look at the 6922 thread here.

Joe
Joe,
The letter on the tube that I assumed to be an N is as you have suggested, a Cyrillic P (Russian). I will start digging on through your tube website suggestion and elsewhere.
I am guessing that you will run out ahead of me with tube trials since you are already up and running with your Syrah and Teres TT and so I will look forward to your comments on your trials and tribulations.
I am guessing that there are several other Supratek owners that will benefit from your phono stage tube trails.
Thanks, Larry
Amandarae,.. 2-3 Weeks...Shiteza...Micks been busy with other projects,anyway,Keep a eye on his web site...