Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Aurel, I am happy with the Plinius + Supratek combo. The Mute function of the power amp is a must before turning on/off the Supratek preamp. The Mute really "kills" the output of the power amp, so don't worry.

Kenji
Aurel,

I read that all Supratek preamps are tranformer coupled. I could be wrong but the info is in the website.

I believe the round semi-cylindrical "thingy" at the back of each regulator tubes are the transformer for each channel output. BTW, I have the Chenin.

Well, in any case, if you can post here I am pretty sure that your English is fine and Mick will understand your inquiry.
I believe the "towers" behind the regulator tubes are just decorative. At one time they housed the transformers, but I think the tranformers are now inside the preamp. Mick left the towers because he liked the looks.
Correction:

"I believe the round semi-cylindrical "thingy" at the back of each regulator tubes are the transformer for each channel output."

I should have said "...were the transformer was "housed"...."

Thanks Slowhand for the correction. One question though, I have seen older Syrahs were there is a significant discoloration on the "dome" top not the sides near the regulators which un-mistakenably heat related. So these were the pre "in-house" series? My Chenin is almost 9 months now and it is still spotless! So that will point out that the change occured not more than 10-11 months ago?

Just curious. Thanks for any info in advance that you can provide.
Ongkaku : Thanks for your kind answer. But I was wondering if there were a mute fuction on the PREAMP which really kills the preamp outputs when turning it on (allowing the amp to be "on" all the time). Indeed, even with the AMP muted I wouldn't turn on the preamp with the the amp turned on : you proect the speakers but not the amp itself.
Thanks and regards.
Aurel.