preamp for vandersteen Quatro

Going to buy ayre Vx-5 twenty amp should I buy matching ayre preamp Or audio research ref 5 tube preamp Thanks David
conrads1
Just saw this.  Conrad congrats on getting the Vandy's.  Which pre did you go with?  What is your system now?  Personally I use the Ayre AX5/Twenty and have the QX5 on order. Can't wait to hear it next weekend at Audio Connection/Ayre Northeast premier in Verona, NJ.  I'm using the AQ cables.  Loving the Castle Rock cable with the system.  

Would love to hear what you ended up with. Thanks  Pete
will you be at Johnny's for the QX5 demo with Alex Brinkmann from Ayre?  I"m so excited about it as I need to hear this thing, lol.  My Empirical Audio DAC was pretty darn great, lol.
What a great time at Audio Connection on Sat. Even Michael Lavorgna showed up from Audiostream.  This DAC will be special. Needs to break in first, but the bones are there in spades and the headphone amp is one of the best and balanced I've ever heard and it had 0 hours on it. Wait til that thing breaks in. I may have to get a pair of hifiman 1000's or LCD3/4's.
What does "wait till that thing breaks in" mean?  I read it as this was "just okay", but I have faith.  Is that wrong my friend?