preamp Luxman C1000 - how set up gain/volume ?

Hi. I have C1000. Quick question - there is separate "gain" knob and separate "volume" attenuator/knob. Is anyone able to explain how should I approach these two? Should any of these be used first and then second? Or what? Please help - I can not find any info....
I use C1000 with M2000 poweramp.
adam_poland

Showing 2 responses by adam_poland

Thanks.. you know... I have source (Olive) where I can set up variable output, then there's c1000 with separate gain knob and volume knob, then I have m2000 power amp that also have volume attenuators for each channel... So to be honest I get lost what should be the drill and what is best for sound from technical perspective - as less gain as possible and max source and power amp power.. What of these all knobs should be used first and fixed on certain level.... Any advice? When I had separate Shindo pre + poweramp and each had volume control the advice was to first put volume knob in pre to eg 10:30-11:00 hour and then adjust volume in poweramp to the level of sound that is most commonly used. But with luxman c1000 with separate gain and volume I got lost. Is there any technical reason why there's separate "gain" knob in c1000 - this is quite specific solution to me, I have not seen such until know and I wonder how to use that to its best.

I can mot find original mańual to c1000 do you maybe know where I could get it from?