Problem related to Push-Pull or EL34?

Hej

I have compared my EL84 amp with an EL34 amp and what strikes me is that the EL34 amp is boomy. I know that my room has a problem in the bass region and it’s like the E34 amp makes this worse. So why is that? Both are Push-Pull, but my EL84 amp has got the original capacitors replaced to “ultrafast” capacitors. So this makes me wonder if there is any truth in what I've heard: 

1. ...the Push-Pull design in itself increases the bass and makes the sound a little boomy.

2. ...you can counteract this by replacing capacitors to “ultrafast” capacitors.

3. ...EL34 tubes by design emphasis bass frequencies.

This makes me very frustrated because I really like this EL34 amp (LM EL34IA) except for this bass problem. The amp is in my budget range and I need the 40W it gives (which means Push-Pull).

Any thoughts?

simna
The measurement of tube voltage will change every day and at different times during the day. It’s caused by the fluctuation of line voltage coming into the dwelling and the mains.

The measurements you stated are acceptable.

@lowrider is correct those measurements are totally fine and if you think your amp sounds better than LM I would say keep it and be happy.
Pleased that OP has tangentially, but nonetheless, highlighted how good E-84's can sound. One of my favorite output tubes that "doesn't get the press it deserves". And, yes, it does have nice rich bass that often warrants a "double take".
EL-34's offer a lighter style, more "finesse" like a Lafite Wine... it seems to me. -Though I know the circuit is at least as important.
See if you can't listen to an EL-84 amp sometime.
Listen to a Manley Stingray and that will give you a good impression of a well designed EL84 amp. I have one, love it. I also have their EL34 monoblocks and they sound wonderful too.