"RECORDING OF THE WEEK"?????

It may have been done before. If so, please let me know.

So often we are told by a friend about a band, tune, recording that is great…..
We come home with the Disc/Record and enjoy, but few people find out.
There have been many threads here about “recordings to die for” etc..

How about one for new tunes?

To be a bit more detailed about the spirit of my request:
I think everyone knows when Sting releases his new record.
But what about great tunes that the average person would not know about?
If we could share this information in the following format, it might be helpful.

BRUCE HORNSBY
“HERE COME THE NOISE-MAKERS. LIVE-98/99/00”
Live recordings of Bruce and company. Very good live recording, including a couple of Grateful Dead covers. Rock-oriented mix, with a “jam-band” flavor.

If it was kept similar to the format above, as time goes on, the thread could be used as a quick reference for people in search of new tunes.

I would love to hear any suggestions.

What have you found recently worthy of mention?
gumbydammit
Jacintha "Autumn Leaves"-- the music of Johnny Mercer. This is an XRCD2 by FIM and is some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard besides being an audiophile quality recording. It has many beautiful ballads. It's the best CD I've ever heard in my system.

I would also nominate Alison Krauss' "Forget About It" CD. This CD is a departure from her usual bluegrass music and is pretty much country/western in character-- many beautiful ballads and very well recorded.

And a fairly new artist, Allison Moorer's "Alabama Song" is also C/W in character, but beautiful music and also very well recorded. And BTW, I was introduced to Jacintha and A. Moorer in 2002 by A'Gon member Rivercitylad, and to AK by A'Gon member Eagle. Thanks again guys.
I nominate Brian Bromberg's CD "Wood". Outstanding acoustic bass playing along with piano and drums including solos, duos, and trios.

Audiophile quality recording all the way. One of the best sounding acoustic jazz CD's I've heard in a while.

If you love acoustic jazz you won't go wrong with this album.

Good Listening!

Steve
Jazz Jamaica All Stars' ''Massive '' . interesting blend of big band jazz and reggae. uplifting music to soothe our frazzled nerves at the end of a lousy day at work.
sound quality ok.

enjoy !
My current favorites are Live at Blues Alley by Eva Cassidy (listen for sharp cymbals and huge bass, as well as female vocal) and Tourist by St. Germain (edgy but listenable techno-jazz not for everyone). I'm bringing them to the Stereophile NY show.
How about that little band from Manchester, England - Gomez. Their new piece of plastic, In Our Gun, deserves a bit of your time for a listen. They throw out a bit rega, a mix of hip hop, a few slow ballads, and sometimes they even seem to add touches of metal to a well done CD. Man, they can make a lot of noise sound musical on their first track Shot Shot.

Just took a shot.