Receiver for pre/pro?

I've currently got a NAD T752 receiver and am looking at an outboard amp as an upgrade. I'm 80% 2 channel music but do use the system for 5.1 surround sound with movies too.

Thinking about an amp from Pass Labs either the X150 (2 channel) or X3 (3 channel to include center channel).

Looking for opinions from people who use or have used a receiver as a pre/pro and an outboard amp. Does music sound much better with this setup as opposed to using the amp in the receiver? Volume isn't a concern for me as the NAD is plenty loud enough.
in_power2002
in my experience, adding an amp to a receiver setup helps to increase dynamics and bass response. i can't speak for nad, but the majority of receivers are lacking when it comes to power. i think a pass amp would provide much more enjoyment for two channel than the current nad receiver you're using.
I have a nad t752 and team it with an anthem mca5. Yes, you will get better dynamics and bass response as kgturner states.

I have a NadT762 and have added a Bryston 4BSST most noticable on 2 Channel music with better bass and dynamics.

Cheers
As the previous posts indicate;much improvment can be had.---I would suggest, by all means do the 3ch amp upgrade.Much/most of the info comes from the center-- do all 3 channels.--- I might add the benefits will require a quality center speaker.---A $200 cheapie won't get it done here.