Recommended cork platter for my SL 1200 GR Technics TT

Howdy folks-

I'm new to the vinyl kingdom but have some early success with cart, phono pre and turntable selections. Most pieces of the system are new and coming together nicely. 

Problem is the Gosh Darn static. Dang! All new and old vinyl is cleaned through my Record Doctor and come off looking good with no charge. Next step into the MoFi static free sleeves and wait to be played. When it's game time, I pull them from the sleeve, no charge but I hit em with the Milty Static Gun, then onto the table to be groomed by my Audioquest anti static brush and played. 

When I pull the record off the table, most have a static charge and some you can feel the charge coming off the record like it's an electrical storm! Dang sauce! 

I'm also running my dehumidifier between playings. I'd say the humidity is around 45 to 55, but doesn't seem to make a difference. 

Cork platter? Shrimp platter? 

Thanks for chiming in!

Brent
128x128knollbrent

Showing 1 response by browndt

You house is probably too dry. Add a humidifier to you HVAC. The cork platter will change the sound and usually not for the better.  Notice that many of the best turntable manufacturer's don't use mats.