Replacement for Alpha Genesis 1000

I want to replce my Alpha Genesis 1000 cartridge (lots of hours so it's time). I like the sound so I want an MC cartridge with a VERY similar sound. Turntable is a SOTA Sapphire with Fidelity Research FR-64 arm. I'm open to a new or used cartridge. What should I consider? Should I consider retipping the stylus?

Thanks,

Rayd
rayd
ZYX all the way for what I understand he was the man behid the Alpha Genesis. I have a Yatra from ZYX and love it. Never harsh, open and detailed. Even can slam bass, at least in my system , Ondekoza never sounded better. Derek
I don't own this cart, but I did some research on them and this cart was designed by the same guy who builds the ZYX carts. From what I understand they are not similiar as the ZYX is a newer and much more highly refined piece of equipment.

These carts were known for the suspension collapsing, so if yours is still working, and you like the sound of it I think I would go the retip route. Soundsmith seems to be the go to guys for this work.

I also know a guy with an AG 2000 with a new VDH retip. I think he wants about $600 for it, to cover the retipping costs. Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,
Sorry -- don't have an answer, but I do have a question if you would be so kind. I just installed my alpha genesis which had been in storage for years. I have lost the documentation and cannot find it on line.

What tracking weight did you use? Is it the standard 2 grams?

Thanks for your help.

Jack
Rayd: See www.SoundSmith.com one of the most comprehensive cartridge rebuild shops in the USA. Chances are the body of the 1000 is fine just a re-due of the ft-end is probably all you need. I have several High-End audio buds that think Peter is the finest person in Audio Land to do business with here and accross the pond. Think about it and check out the web site. Cheers !