Revel Ultima 2's and Amplification

Hey,

Just looking for some feedback here.  I have Revel Ultima Studio 2's up front powered by monoblocks so I am good there.  My question is regarding my Revel Ultima Voice 2 and the Gem 2's used for center and surround respectively.  I also have some aperion verus grand towers being used for the surround back speakers.  Powering the surrounds, surround backs, and center is a Marantz SR 7011.  This is a relatively high powered nine channel receiver and I am only using five channels so I feel like I should be fine.  Plus the speakers are all six ohms and the receiver is rated for that so I am guessing I am easily getting a good 100 watts per channel if not more.  With the lower load required for the surround channels I just wanted people's feedback if I would see any benefit from getting something like a parasound halo A31 to power the center and surround Revels.  By the way my crossover per Audyssey is 90HZ for the Revel center and 110hz for the Revel Gem 2's which are wall mounted.  The Aperion Verus grand towers for the surround back use are crossed at 60hz.  Thanks for any input and I haven't noticed any distortion playing movies at pretty good levels.

Scott

scottfields1979

Showing 1 response by geek101

JC1 monos may not something you would want if you are not spending lot of time listening critically. Having said that not sure at what levels you are watching movies. For movies most of the heavy lifting for mid range is done by center channel, if I am not mistaken. Getting a good amp for that could make an improvement that you might notice.