Richard Clark $10,000 Amplifier Challenge - Why Couldn't Anyone Pass this Test??

Any guesses? 
seanheis1

Showing 2 responses by chayro

Old news - Peter Aczel was saying this in the 80's.  Not worth talking about IMO.  I've owned $25k amp/preamp combos and liked them and I've also used a $200 Onkyo reciever while an amp was being repaired and I liked that too.  Personally, I think the more expensive high-end stuff sounded better and that's what I choose to own and listen to and I couldn't give two shites about what someone else thinks.  And respectfully, either should you .  
Notwithstanding my personally-held belief that high end stuff sounds better to me, I am willing to concede that some of the claimed superiority I (we) claim to hear in amplifiers or perhaps cables as well is due to the fact that the products we are attempting to A/B are not level matched to within a very tight tolerance.  There are just too many people that seem to fail these comparison tests when the products are level matched to ignore the statistic totally.  I think.