Sanders magtech or odyssey kismet

I am looking for a "last amp purchase" one I can keep for 20+ years and pass down to my son someday.
This probably won't happen, but it is a very good possibility.

I have gone through numerous over the years, with fairly bad luck with them, UNRELIABILITY!

I have narrowed it to these two amps. I know they are both very good.

I would like thoughts on them from other audio people as yourselves.
Before you say these speakers suck, I wanted to say I auditioned A LOT of different ones before settling on these. I use energy rc-70's, only about 45-50 hours on them, nowhere near broken in yet. I LOVE their sound, period.

People say these amps are too good for the speaks, I think not.
Maybe sanders preamp.

I have heard magtech sounds thin, and others say it's amazing.

Anyway, what's your thoughts on odyssey kismet monos or sanders magtech. Thanks
128x128arctikdeth

Showing 1 response by rhanson739

You're at no risk if you try the Sanders Magtech. Roger will send it to you, you can try it for 30 days, and you can return it if you don't think it's a good fit.

I would recommend a thorough demo of the Magtech. While Roger claims that his amp doesn't require break-in beyond an hour or two of warmup, I have my doubts about that. I gave the Magtech a fairly short demo (several days) and sent it back on Roger's premise that "how it sounds after an hour is how it will sound in the future."

It runs cool, has tons of power, is risk-free to demo, and Roger is most helpful.

In the end, though, I settled on the Rowland Continuum S2 integrated, which arrives at my house today. Whoop!