SDS question

Hello friends,
I was checking my turntable speed today using my KAB speed strobe and found that my table was running quite slow. I had the VPI SDS calibrated at 59.85hz and I thought I had the speed perfect. Today, I needed to adjust it to 60.03hz to get it dead accurate again.
What might cause such a big change to have to be made? I was wondering if it might be the weather (it has turned cold recently here in Chicago)?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.
tfkaudio
Weather's a possibility. Generally, needing a higher frequency suggests that system friction has increased. Perhaps your bearing lubrication has dried out a little. Another possibility would be that your motor is starting to wear or needs more lubrication and thus become a little weaker. Unless it keeps getting worse, I wouldn't really worry about it.
That's quite a bit of a jump in hz, considering it was dead on before.

As James suggests, it may be a Lube issue? When was the last time you Lubed the bearing? If you're using VPI Grease, maybe a drop of Mobil 1 to cut it ever so slightly?

Or it might be Belt slippage? When was the last time you replaced the Belt? At least try cleaning the Belt, and edge of Platter (Windex), and see what happens?

There was a recent thread about the SDS slightly wandering, but very doubtful you're wandering as much as .18hz

Let us know if you find anything? Mark

are you plugging the sds into the wall or a power conditioner? House power can vary +/- 10 volts at times. I realize the sds is suppose to handle that but I find using my PS audio 300 power plant eliminates this prolem