SDS question

Hello friends,
I was checking my turntable speed today using my KAB speed strobe and found that my table was running quite slow. I had the VPI SDS calibrated at 59.85hz and I thought I had the speed perfect. Today, I needed to adjust it to 60.03hz to get it dead accurate again.
What might cause such a big change to have to be made? I was wondering if it might be the weather (it has turned cold recently here in Chicago)?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Thanks.
tfkaudio
I've been using Phil's Tenacious Oil, a bicycle oil, for several years now after it was recommended on the Vinyl Asylum. Used it on my Scout, and have been using it on my Scoutmaster with excellent results.

Here's a link:

http://www.philwood.com/Phil%20%20Tenacious%20Oil.htm
According to my manual, the bearing is lubricated with white lithium grease. So that is what I use.

The motor would be lubricated with oil. I'm going to call VPI and ask for some, or what kind to buy.

Tom
I went to the VPI website and looked at the Scoutmaster manual. Tfkaudio is clearly on the right track with his lubrication.

"After at least one year of use, the platter bearing and motor will need to be lubricated. For the platter bearing, use .25 teaspoon of white lithium grease. For the motor, use 1 drop of 40-weight motor oil below the brass piece."
Sameswei...by the "brass piece" ..do they mean the shaft of the pulley? and if so, how do you get oil on that shaft, it being under the wide pulley
Seems like a poor description at best by VPI, but I would assume a Scoutmaster owner would know what to look for.

I had mentioned these very same lubrication needs earlier in this thread, but I cannot take the credit, as I believe this information was provided right here, that I mysekf read once in Agon archives from another user-owner.

These Archives are sure a godsend for all!

Perhaps like my own VPI Motor, acess would most likely need to be gotten under the Motor Pulley, and dependent on jusy how far down the Pulley Shaft that the Pulley is situated may dictate removal of the Pulley?

No doubt attached with an Allen Set Screw, and I imagine the most important thing to remember here if there's a need to do this, is just make sure yu replace the pulley in the exact same manner as it was before.

If the Pulley is removed, this would be a good time to perhaps clean the pulley with a bit of Alcohol, or Windex? Hope this helps, and again, please do let us know how all turns out. Your findings, and information will be valuable to other owners who come along in the future here in Agon. Mark