Siltech Classic Anniversay 550L speaker cable

Are they really good as reported? Are they worth the price? How do they sound, please. Thanks.
dave_72

Showing 1 response by rfogel8

Dave_72, I have Siltech 770L speaker cables which are essentially a slightly heavier gauge version of the 550L. Yes, they really are wonderful sounding cables, but they are expensive. "Are they worth the price"? For me, and a good friend of mine, absolutely.

My gear is Atma-Sphere, my friend has all VAC. We've tried many top contenders yet we agree, Siltech brings out the best in each of our systems. We're also using Siltech 770i interconnects. As you move up the price ladder, sonics improve incrementally, but you have to draw the line somewhere and the "Classic Series" seems to offer the best bang for the buck.

To my ears, Siltech cables flesh out images better and make things more believable while presenting music with an ease and beauty I don't hear with other cables.

The sound is big, open and transparent with wonderful layering front to back. These cables are also very extended and dynamic with plenty of power and weight to the music. Little details and nuances are clearly presented, yet in a natural way.

I could go on but you probably get the point. I've had Siltech in my system for almost two years now and I'm done auditioning cables.