small footprint balanced pre-amp

My previous post probably was not as well thought out as it should have been, and I got no replies so I'm trying again...

I'm looking for a great-sounding pre-amp that is at most 11" deep, that is fully balanced (has at least one set of balanced inputs and has balanced outputs).

tube or SS....

Price range: up to $5K, new or used....

Any thoughts? the only ones I've found are the Rowland Capri and the Coda Technologies 05x.

Thanks!

--dan
dgaylin
I perceived Capri to be slightly more extended in the treble and bass than the ARC Ref 3. Furthermore, compared to the same, Capri seems to yield a fairly neutral frequency response without obvious humps or trofs. Interestingly, I perceive greater macro/micro dynamics in Capri than Ref 3. I have not heard Pass gear, so I can't comment on how it may compare with Pass on the 'Romantic' scale.
I don't hear any treble roll off with the Capri in my system. Not sure what the definition of romantic might be, but I do know that the Capri is a musical preamp without sacrificing detail. The break in is a bit long and can result in some "mood" swings, but once broken in the sound is consistent.