SME FDIV Kit For SME 309 Tonearm

I purchased the kit directly through SME. While installing it as per their manual I am not able to fit the damper resorvoir in the hole provided for it as it is small compared to the resorvoir. I have pictures but do not know how to post them here. Anyone with experience with SME FDIV Kit have any idea what needs to be done. Thanks.
couger4u
Peter; the adjustments don't have to be "on-the-fly" so the clumsy approach to VTA isn't a deal breaker for me. I have a method of making consistent tonearm height settings now but it's not convenient; the FDIV/VTA adjustment screw is tempting for that reason alone.

Unfortunately convenience usually comes with a price tag. :-)

Regards,
Tom
Tom,

I'd say that the VTA adjustment works well but only for upward movements, the pushing down seems a little "clumsy" for such a well engineered piece. Still the SME arms are my all time favorites.

Good listening

Peter
Thanks for the insight on the damping kit. If I read about a few more recommendations to use the FDIV for VTA adjustment, I'll be hoping for some overtime to get one and try it out.

Regards,
Tom
Glad it worked out for you.

Good Listening

Peter

PS what phono stage are you using ?
Thanks Peter you were a great help. It is all setup now. Tketcham I only used it for VTA adjustment and cannot believe how low I had setup my Delos cartridge. I did it on the fly but you will need to be carefull and have to go very slowly to adjust it. For the upward movement it is very easy. For the downward movement you will have to push the tonearm down. Hope this helps in making your decision on getting this kit. For the life of this tonearm, if you are going to keep it for a long time and like to listen to different cartridges, this is a no-brainer.
I will as soon as I install it. Ran into this problem mentioned in my original post. I sent an email to Peter waiting for his reply. Looks like SME did not drill the hole for the resorvoir all the way as some metal is still preventing me to install it. I also sent an email to SME, lets see what they say.
Cougar4u; let us know what you think of the damping kit for tonearm height adjustments. I'm curious if you think it's worth the money for the convenience.

Regards,
Tom
It should be pretty straight forward, have installed several of these, the end cap on the left side of the bearing has to be removed and the upper part of the damper should mount directly in its place. The lower part mounts to the armrest bracket.

Shoot me pics from my website pbnaudio.com I can possibly guide you through it.

Good listening,

Peter