Solid state amp for Von Schweikert vr4jr's

I have a 1500.00 +/- budget and looking to compliment my vr4jr's with quality solid state amp. Krell, McCormack, Mark Levinson, BAT, Gamut, Bryston. What is your favorite? Any others? Thanks
wjb
I love my 4Jrs with the Parsound JC-1 Halos. I've tried the VTL 450s and the Innersound ESL 300 as well as the Pass Aleph 2s and a Linn Classik. I think the Jrs like some power and the more the better. I tried an Ayre V5xe a short time ago and while everything sounded great, there was a definate sense of loss of power and a penalty in dynamics. I would look at the amps with good power first.

I thought I was a tube guy, but these speakers sound so good in my all solid state setup that I've forgotten that I needed tubes to be happy.
My JR's sound great with my pass labs amp. You may want to look for a used one.
VR4j has a slow and somewhat foggy bass. Get something which able to gave a grip on the speaker. Krell or Levinson, I guess would fit well.
Consider the new Bel Canto S300 for $1600 @ 150wpc using the latest ICEPower modules. Very low noise floor and wide bandwidth produce a clean, accurate and palpable soundstage. I'm using with the VR4Sr's and dB99's to great effect. Compact design (9lbs), efficient (no heat) great looking and very well built.

Jack
A used Bryston 4B-ST fits your budget. Maybe a Classe CA-300. I like both. Both have plenty current delivery to control the bass. Thr two amps seem to have different characters. I have not heard them with the Von S 4jr.s however. A 150 to 300 watt Krell would be great, but probably not in your budget. Ditto Levinson. Have not heard the conrad johnson ss amps. McCormack either. They are in the price range however if used. Again, I'm not familiar with the speaker so take it with a couple grains of salt...