SONY still makes SACD Player?- Any 5400ES update?

Hi, I cannot find any info. on SONY USA site about their SACD player and wonder if SONY still makes SACD players.

I read the SACD 5400ES is a good player. Has there been any update/replacement for it?

Thanks.
r0817

Showing 2 responses by anonymoustao

That's an excellent point, Pdn. I only listen to two channel and hadn't even considered that limitation of the Marantz. Jnsluft, I did not know that their blu ray players supported SACD, but I had only meant to say that Sony does not seem to be doing much in support of the format and does not seem heavily invested in its propagation anymore. However, I'm willing to concede I may even be wrong about that.
The Sony is very good, but only seems to be available through online sellers. I don't think they have any plans for a replacement, as Sony seems to be done with the format. I own and very much like the Sony, but the prices seem to have gone up as stock has diminished, and I'd probably be more inclined to look into the Oppo 95 or Marantz SA8004 if I were buying today. Amazingly, they were well under $1000 a few months ago when I bought mine. Supply and demand, I suppose. I haven't heard either the Oppo or the Marantz, but they've both gotten very positive feedback from reviewers I respect. The Oppo dv-981hd that I bought over 5 years ago is still working...as a DVD player.