Speaker recommendation for a Fisher 500-c

I just bought a Fisher 500-c that I will be getting restored. I am looking for a speaker that will work well with it either vintage or current. While price plays a factor for arguments sake let's say no more than $2500. In addition to maybe exclusivly using with this receiver I may use with my Marantz 2270 or Mac MA-6600. 
rkbcpa55

Showing 1 response by jerry_gt3rs

rkbcpa55,

I have just fired up the Fisher 100b integrated amp that I inherited from my dad. I had it refurbished, but not "restored"
looking to retain the original look and patina. I was wondering what speakers I would want to use it with, but could not make a decision and besides,
   I did not need another entirely new system. Long story short, I hooked it up in my main music room and it sounds amazingly good. I am using my Emm labs sacd transport and dac and Magico Q3s.
   The sounds is very relaxed and smooth without any strain or edge. I have listened to it for hours at a time, smiling all the while..I was concerned about the relatively low output ( about 20W ) with the Magico's 90db efficiency, but in the end it is not a problem in the least.
   Just my experience, but I would strongly suggest that you experiment with all manor of reasonably efficient speakers...you may well be very pleasantly surprised by the results...