Speaker recommendations for NAD C368 amp

Hello, I'm new here and new to the audiophile world. I'm building my first system and have purchased a NAD C368 amp. I'd like some recommendations for speakers, with a budget topping out at $800. I'll be playing everything from heavy rock to solo piano through them, so they should be versatile. Thank you for your suggestions!
sunkeeper

I recently asked a similar question only about upgrading up from my current set of speakers. Aside for some of the more interesting suggestions the one common to several replies was to go around and listen to as large assortment that you have available to you. I mentioned that I had a set of Klipsch Heresy II years ago and with the electronics I had then they were rather bright and fatiguing for long listening sessions. I was recommended to revisit the Klipsch III’s which got me thinking. I had a pair of Klipsch KG4’s stored away for years and decided to drag them out and have a listen again using them with the subs that were part of my Shahinian Hawks.

To my surprise, the harshness was gone, and they had good base (they had neither previously) and very efficient. There are lots of them around on the used market. They have performed well for rock, jazz but haven’t attempted anything on the classical side.

Just a thought…

NAD has its own signature sound , a bit in the dark side with a rolled off top end.

Its sister company , PSB, has its speakers line as a common pairing for purposes of maximizing synergy.
Good in theory but is there any point to sampling speakers if it's not through my particular amp?

I will look into the PSB speaker line, thank you.
I ended up going with a new set of Emotiva Airmotiv T1's. As a newbie to the audophile world I am thrilled with the powerful sound I'm getting from this pairing - all for well under 2k. Best setup I have ever owned. Cheers!
Great choice, sunkeeper. You have assembled a fantastic system, enjoy.

Cheers,

Scott
Vandersteen's play well with NAD. Used 1s or 2s can be had for $800 or less. I've owned both models, matched w NAD, PS Audio, Denon and Krell. Always sound musical. Easy to drive. I love them. YMMV...
PSB Synchrony line with the ZU Audio cables. Perfect combination.
Definitely no rolled off top end.