Speakers

Hello,
I recently upgraded my yamaha receiver, replacing it with a 'new' Sansui qrx8001 from the late 70's... a loaded question I know, but does anyone have speaker recommendations for said quad sansui? Mostly vinyl,  some fm, mid-size living room, budget 2k, but maybe more if done in 2 phases.  
thanks
rick2718

Showing 4 responses by rick2718

Thanks also for the Cerwin Vega recommendation. They seem to be alive and well.  ...ditto on the magic,  the new old sansui puts my modern stuff to shame.

tomic: In my mind it'll be all quad, but in reality it won't. Not even 1/2 I suppose due to not having that many quad recordings, and some of what I have don't have sufficient vinyl quality to keep the separation.

freediver: thanks for the speaker recommendations, I will look into those... does that recommendation extend to the other models in the Aria line?

clearthink:  Given that I'm in the 'hopeless' range I can experiment with speakers without concern... no place farther down to which I can go I suppose

Thanks for all the options/opinions.  Reading through the marketing materials I  realize it will come down to needing to hear them together.  As much as of-the-era-speaker appeal  as mickeyb points out there are risks, not all of which I'll see.
Any recommendations on reputable dealers which offer a demo/trial period and the ability to return or exchange?